Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 53/ Spring Road Trip 2012

North Dakota at last
Uffda, we are leaving Minnesota today. We were suppose to get underway at 0930 however, I had other ideas. While Dad and Mom were getting the RLB hooked up to go Dad left the truck door open so I got out. Now I wasn't going to go far but I guess I forgot to tell them. Mom almost had a nervous breakdown. Fortunately I am bad at logistics and I only know my way around the RLB so that is where they got me, waiting at the door to get in.
It took us about 235 miles but we finally made it to Fargo, North Dakota. We stopped at the Visitors Center and they had the original wood chipper from the movie Fargo. Of course Mom had to buy a Fargo hat. Rather stylish I might say.
North Dakota makes the 50th state that Dad and Mom have been to. They can now check that off their bucket lists. It makes the 30th state that I have been to with the RLB, but I'm just checking off the days till I get home.
We are staying at a campground in Fargo that is on Roger Maris Drive. He was from here. Baseball seems to follow us no matter where we go.
Mom with the wood chipper from Fargo
Ya sure you betcha that's Dad


Fargo is Quirky 

r
Campsite on the Red River in Fargo

North Dakota State Sticker #31

No comments:

Post a Comment