Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 41 / Spring Road Trip 2012

Inside Comerica Park 
Nothing better than a day at the ballpark when the sun is shining and today was one of those perfect days.  The Detroit Tigers playing the Minnesota Twins at Comerica Park. I loved this park.
Tiger scoreboard
It was built in 2000 to replace the old Tiger Stadium. It has a 15 foot tall tiger statue at the main
gate entrance and eight other statues around the park, including two on top of the giant scoreboard that growl and flash their eyes whenever a Tiger hits a homerun. I am happy to say that we got to
see that three times during the game. The park  also has a carousel with 30 handpainted tigers that
you can ride on and a ferris wheel that has baseball shaped cars.  Did I mention I loved this park?
Dad even bought me a Tiger baseball cap. The only thing that could have made it better is if they
had won, which sadly they didn't. But it was still a great day.
 just kickin back in my new cap
Mom and Paws

Mom and her hero Mickey Mouse


Dad and his hero Ty Cobb 

No comments:

Post a Comment