Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 30 / Spring Road Trip 2012

Woke up to the birds singing and the frogs croaking.  It was 0630 and I decided I was ready for a walk around the lake property so I got Mom up (rather unwillingly I might add). Apparently mornings are not her thing but I like it cause there is a lot less noise and activity at that time of the morning so I'm less nervous. Anyway we had a great walk.
After breakfast (Aunt Sue cooks for us all the time) we fed the fish again and watched the wandering fleet of large Carp patrol the lake. Then while Mom and Aunt Sue played scrabble Dad got the firepit ready for the evening bonfire. It's pretty laid back at the lake.
It got up to at least 90 degrees again. I'm not sure about the weather around here, it's nothing like what I'm used to.
Cousin Molly

Is that a pitiful look or what? 

Aunt Sue feeding the fish

Uncle Gordon and Dad around the campfire
After dinner we sat around the campfire while Dad smoked a cigar and we ate tiramisu. Not exactly camp food but it was good. I told you it was laid back didn't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment