Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 36 / Spring Road Trip 2012

We departed Lexington, KY around 0930 and we headed for Cincinnati, Ohio.  It was a pretty short drive,  less than two hours.  I would have thought that since it was such a short drive we could have bypassed Lexington altogether and stayed that extra day in Pigeon Forge with Dolly. But what do I know I'm just a cat. A black cat with a very long memory, I might add.
Ohio, The Buckeye State, means "the great river" is the birthstate of eight US Presidents and two astronauts (Armstrong and Glenn) along with a bunch of other important authors and inventors.
Crossing the Ohio River

Ohio at last












Our campsite
We however, came to Ohio for really important reasons, none of which are to see buckeyes (which I have a feeling are like blue grass, non existant). By coming to Ohio Mom now has been to 48 states, getting closer all the time to checking off something on her bucket list. It also means that I have traveled through 26 states and I got to put a new sticker on the RLB. Dad's main reason for coming here is to go to The Great American Ballpark and see the Cincinnati Reds play ball. We all have our priorities now don't we?


State Sticker # 26
 
  
   












No comments:

Post a Comment